February 11, 2022 1:09pm
‘We aspire to be a role model in reducing, reusing and recycling waste and to push the hospitality sector towards sustainable waste management practices.’
Our 2022 goals:
- Engaging with our customers to ensure we understand and provide for their needs while minimising the associated waste.
- Measuring, tracking and reporting all of the waste and recycling resulting from the operation of Staycity’s portfolio of aparthotels, including the associated greenhouse gas emissions.
- Ensuring 100% of properties offer on-premises waste sorting so that all recyclable materials may be recycled.
- Tracking all single-use plastics used across the portfolio, identifying alternatives, and replacing 95% in ongoing operations by 2023, with plans to address the remainder by 2024.
- Engaging with suppliers to understand their sustainability performance and certifications, and to understand how we can work together to reduce the waste they produce which is associated with serving us.